In August 1979, The Corner Ministries was formed by three churches of the Wesley United Methodist Parish with assistance from the Wesley Parish Churches, Duke Endowment, Community Ministries, and Marion District Mission Society to increase awareness in their churches about their community. They had been given property by the Cornwallis Corporation-Real Estate Division of Cone Mills on the "corner" of Hwy. 221-A and Main Street in Henrietta, NC.
The Corner Ministries continued operation in the original location in Henrietta until the Spring of 1996 when the members of Chase United Methodist Church voted to close their church. They also requested that the building be given to the Corner Ministries which moved to their current location and became Chase Corner United Methodist Ministries across from Chase High School at 1604 Chase High Road, Forest City, NC.
The Corner continues to provide residents of Rutherford County emergency support through their food, clothing, and benevolent ministries, as well as an economic place to shop for gently used clothing. The ministry continues to be supported by four local Methodist churches (Avondale, Caroleen, Cliffside, and Providence); contributions from many other churches, civic organizations, and individuals; and all of the profit from the Thrift Store. Oversight of the ministry is the responsibility of a Board of Directors.